Tess and Chris were married at the beautiful Felicity Church in Uptown New Orleans. Photographed by the tallented Cathering Guidry, the pair's love shines through these stunning photos!
1. Tell us a little about your love story! How did you meet? How did you get engaged? "Chris and I met out in the French quarter one night! I tripped while dancing, and he helped me up (he was also on a blind date with another girl at the time). I lived right across from City Park while we were dating. One of our favorite dates was going on walks in the park. During one of our walks, Chris got down on one knee and proposed!"
2. How did you choose Herbivore for your wedding? Did you know a lot about flowers when you started your plans? "I actually knew Herb from when he worked with another florists prior to starting his own company. I was always impressed with his eye and professionalism, so it was a no brained to trust him with our special day. I knew a little about flowers and decor. Flowers are my favorite parts of weddings! I think they express your personality as a couple, and I wanted to work with someone who really understood me and my fiancé. We were going for a fresh and timeless vibe...an of course, beautiful!!"
3. How did working with Herbivore fit into your schedule? Did you enjoy working with the Herbivore team? "Herbivore was the easiest to work with. I love flowers, so it was easy for me to blow my budget in them. Herb helped me stick to my budget without sacrificing the vision I had for my day, which meant a lot! He was just as committed to my dream wedding as I was!"
4. Why did you choose New Orleans as the site for your big day? Did you incorporate any New Orleans traditions into your celebration? "Oh gosh! Is there any place else to have a wedding?! My now husband and I met in this city, began dating in this city, and fell in love in this city. New Orleans is our home and we couldn’t dream of committing our lives to each other any where else! We did a traditional New Orleans second line with a brass band at the end of the night! Most of our guests were from out of town and have never experienced anything like parading in the streets. They still talk about it to this day!" 5. Do you remember what you were thinking when you saw Felicity for the first time? "Yes! One of my favorite memories of the day is walking into the church on the way to the first look and being greeted by the flowers cascading down the banister of the stairwell. The whole venue smelled like fresh flowers!"
6. What is your favorite memory from your wedding day? "The dance floor! I never left it the whole time!"
7. What advice would you give to other couples trying to plan their big day? "Work with people you feel comfortable with! It’s your day and you want to work with vendors who share your passion to bringing your vision to life. Herb was that for me...and I’m pretty certain that he will be that for you all, too!"
Photographer: Catherine Guidry | Ceremony + Reception Location: Felicity Church | Event Rentals: Perrier Party Rentals | Caterer: The NOLA Food Project | Florist: Herbivore Floral Designs | Wedding Cake: The Royal Cakery | Hair: Ali Vasquez | Makeup: Lynna Vo | Transportation: Alert Transportations | Ceremony + Reception Music: Nola Dukes Band | Second Line: Big Fun Brass Band | Stationery: Minted | Videographer: WeddingLens